The founding team is a group with varied backgrounds that provide vast experience and knowledge in the healthcare, technology, and video/graphics industries.
Dr. Michael Aratow – Founder
Dr. Aratow is a champion of innovation in both the medical and technology fields as a healthcare technology executive, front-line clinician, early-stage healthcare company advisor, angel investor, and now as the CEO and founding partner of VRecover.
- Chief Medical Information Officer of San Mateo Medical Center, an integrated delivery network which is part of the nation’s Safety Net institutions, as the liaison between clinicians, administrators and information technology (IT) professionals in strategy, implementation and innovation in clinical IT related matters.
- Board member and Co-Chair of the Medical Working Group in the Web3D Consortium, a nonprofit organization that promotes an open, royalty free, ISO ratified standard for the display and storage of 3D data on the web.
- Former research consultant at NASA/Ames Research Center on basic physiology and virtual environment projects.
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine and Clinical Informatics and practicing Emergency Medicine Physician.
- Research fellowship at UCSD School of Medicine in Orthopedics.
- Doctor of Medicine degree from the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine and Emergency Medicine training at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County.